Sunday, November 2, 2008

Reflection

Everyday, I continuously reflect on the events that had transpired that day (and sometimes earlier on).  I generally like to analyze what happened to see if I went wrong somewhere or if I did something right.  Well this weekend was full of self reflection and analyzing friendships, and I came to a conclusion:  You will have people smile in your face and stab you in the back.  I know that's an age old saying but it became more apparent to me with someone who I had considered a close (actually, a best) friend.  When you ever have an inclination that something is wrong with a friendship or how you are being treated, chances are, there is something wrong. 

The old me would automatically eliminate this person out of my life but because I have gotten older and smarter I realize it's best to just be cordial and move on with my day and just know that I can't trust that person--ever.  But hey, sh*t happens.  I'm actually not mad or sad even though I thought I would be.  I think I realized that everything our friendship was based upon was on lies.  Therefore, I can't feel sad about me separating myself. 

Sorry to get all emo-esque and what not but I felt the need to express this because it's a common part of life that everyone goes through at least once in their lives.

So ya...

No comments: