Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lil Wayne does Drake's Verse


I am just going to come out and say this. I LOVE DRAKE (a.k.a Aubrey Graham).  That's for those of you who have not seen the first 3 posts I've ever made on here (just so you don't think I'm tryna hop on the bandwagon all of a sudden--i've been on that shit for a while)....But I'll get to my low-key slash high-key obsession for Drake later.

I'm saying all of this because I read his blog (octobersveryown.blogspot.com) everyday to see what new tracks he comes out with and the "in" fashion items courtesy of his blog mates.  Anywho, about two weeks ago he came out with a song called 'Money To Blow'.  I definitely downloaded the track and have bumped it non-stop, so I pretty much have memorized the words (as I try to do to all of his songs without READING the lyrics on a website--but that's neither here nor there).  

At the 2008 VMAs that aired this evening it showed Weezy coming out to 'Misunderstood'.  He starts rapping the first verse from 'Money to Blow' instead of the actual lyrics.  Now I was caught off guard because I immediately started rapping the same lyrics but I was like "WAIT! That's Drake's verse off of 'money to blow'!"  The icing on the cake for me was when he finished his set by giving props to Drake.

The Drake Revolution is coming!

No comments: